Dan and Mallory

Dan and Mallory

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New to Blogging


I am very new to blogging but I want to be able to look back at these days and be able to remember what was happening.


Dan and I have entered into a very new chapter in our lives, but a very exciting one. I am pregnant!! Our little one is due to be entering this world on January 17th, 2011. I can't wait until we tell everyone our exciting news, keeping it bottled up inside is really hard for me.


This has been quite an experience so far. I am now a little over 8 weeks along, but in the beginning I was very anxious that this pregnancy was not going to end well. I experienced a miscarriage when I was 5 weeks pregnant in March 2010, and it was devestating. Everything about this pregnancy seems to be different than the first one, so that is reassuring.


When I first found out I was pregnant, I voiced my concerns with my OB and he ordered my HCG levels and my progesterone to be checked. (For those that don't know, HCG levels need to double every 48 hours in early pregnancy to show a healthy pregnancy.)


HCG Test #1 @ 05/11/10 (13 DPO)- 81

HCG Test #2 @ 05/13/10 (15 DPO)- 209.5

HCG Test #3 @ 05/17/10 (19 DPO)- 1074.1

Progesterone Test 1 @ 05/17/10- 10.1

Progesterone Test 2 @ 05/25/10- 11.9


My OB told me that once my HCG levels got to be over 2000 then I get to have my first ultrasound. My first ultrasound was on 05/28/10. Dan came with me and we got to see our little bean on the screen with the most beautiful little fluttering heartbeat.


Our next appointment in on June 18th. We are told it is going to be a very long appointment where we go over our family history and get to hear our little one's heartbeat on the doppler. I pray that the heartbeat is still there and everything is okay.




No comments:

Post a Comment