Dan and Mallory

Dan and Mallory

Monday, June 28, 2010

11 weeks!

Today I am 11 weeks! I am almost out of 1st trimester, and I can't wait! I didn't update last week with a picture because I felt like I just looked the same. I am not seeing much of a difference this week either, but I want to be able to look back at these days and remember.

I went to the Dr. on 06/18 for my first real prenatal appt. We were there for over three hours!! I am glad that no other appt. is supposed to be that long. First we met with the OB nurse and went over all of our family history and what testing would need to be done in the next few months to come. I also found out that I had lost 10 pounds from not being able to eat much for about 4 straight weeks. Then we had to go back in the waiting room and wait for at least another hour to see my Dr. He did an exam on me and then we got to hear the little heartbeat. He was able to find it right away, which was reassuring because many Dr.'s aren't able to find it through a doppler that early. The heartbeat was beating at a wonderful 170 bpm. I have been hearing that a heart rate that high means a girl and below 150 is a boy. I am sure this is just a myth. I would love to have a girl, but would be just as happy with a boy. After my previous miscarriage I would be happy with a healthy baby which sounds cliche but it is true.

I am contemplating on whether or not to buy a home doppler so we can listen to the heartbeat whenever we want to. I feel like it would help a worry wort like me to reassure me that the baby is still doing okay, but then again I am terrified I wouldn't be able to find it because the doppler isn't as advanced as the Dr.'s and then I would freak out even more.

I went to the hospital on Friday to get my bloodwork done that my Dr. ordered. They ended up taking 7 viles of blood!! They just kept going and going. I am glad I am not squeamish about getting my blood taken like Dan. He probably would have passed out. He's such a baby ;) Our next Dr. appt isn't until 07/19, and I can't wait to hear that heartbeat again!

This week:
Feeling: Okay. I can eat!
Energy: Getting better. I have been able to peel myself off of the couch.
Cravings: Roast beef sub, popcorn and Pizza Hut (I am so mad that they closed all of the Pizza Huts around me!!)
Baby planning: Not much yet, still waiting for the big u/s to find out what we are having.


My 11 week picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment